Ko Yong-kun's Korean Linguistics Room
1994, Thongilsidae-ui ŏmunmunje(Korean language problems in unification period), Kilbot
Part I. Differentiation of language problems of South and North Korea, and their restorations
1. The history and present situation of the Korean language standardization
2. Chuch'e linguistic theory
3. Early orthography of North Korea and compilation of normative grammar
4. Comparison between orthography in South and North Korean
5. Formation of Korean lingua franga and its differentiation
6. Language policy preparing for unification
7. Exclusive usage of Hangul in North Korea and its writing system revolution
Part II. History of Korean language standardization and urgent problems
1. National language societies in Enlightenment Period and their popularization movements
2. Original problems of 'Hangul', name of Korean Alphabet
3. Unification problems of Korea school grammar
4. Formation of hermeneutic philosophy of national language and reception aspects of W. von Humboldt's philosophy of language
5. Some remarks on modern Korean orthography
6. A study on teaching Korean as a foreign language: present situation and problems.[PDF of 1974 English abstract].
Part III. Studies on Korean grammar, national linguistics, and general linguistics
1. An analysis on research of Korean grammatical structure in North Korea.
2. Grammatical terms of Korean grammar in North Korea
3. Some thesis on integration of the Korean language studies in Korean peninsula
4. Differentiation problems of normative grammar in South and North Korea
5. Recept aspects and application problems of Soviet's linguistic theory
1993, Urimal-ŭi Ch'ongch'e Sŏsul-kwa Munbŏpch'egye(The total description of Korean and its grammatical system), Iljisa.
purpose/retrospect about existing models and their problems/method
2. Establishment of grammatical units in Korean
nominal morphème and verbal morphème/word and word segment(Ŏjŏl) /morpheme(word-formative, word-constituent)/sentence and text
3. The integration of individual components and the construction of grammatical system
establishment of grapheme component/establishment of part-of-speech component/autonomy of morphological component and its interdependency on phonological, syntactic, and lexical component/ the autonomy of syntactic and semantic component, and their interdependency on other component/communicative-pragmatic component and its interdependency on basic component
4. The total description of Korean variants integration of standard Korean and cultured Korean/total description of standard, cultured and oversea's Korean/total description of standard Korean and cross-dialects of Korean/ total description of standard and diachronic language
1) tentative version of grammatical system of Korean
2) synchronic varieties of standard, cultured, and oversea's Korean
1989/1999, Kugŏ Hyŏngt'aeron Yŏn'gu(Collected papers on Korean morphological themes)/enlarged edition, Seoul National University Press.
1. The relationship between morphological component and syntactic component,
- [PDF '1985' of German oriainal version and German proofread version full paper in research papers].
2. The limit of morpheme identification
3. The relationship between form and meaning
4. The problem of suppletion and defective paradigm in Korea,[PDF of English abstract '1987']
Nouns and Particles
1. Bound noun[PDF of English abstract].
2. Numerals for human and its case marker [PDF of English abstract]
3. The structural characteristics of delimiters particles and their meaning analysis
Characteristics of endings and their functions
1. Mood category expressed by prefinal endings,[PDF of '1965' English abstract]
2. Structural characteristics of prefinal endings, [PDF of '1967' English abstract]
3. A structural study of conclusive endings in modern Korean [PDF of English abstract].
4. Sentence types: mood system(continued)[PDF of English abstract].
5. Speech level, [PDF of '1974' English abstract].
6. Non-conclusive endings[PDF of English abstract].
7. Alternation aspects of verbal markers 'kŏ/ŏ'
Suffixes and word-formation
1. The identification criteria [PDF of '1972' English abstract].
2. Aspects of syntagmatic relation
3. Suffixal derivation and description method
Appendix: List of suffixes
1. Some problems of morpheme alternations
2. Is not there actually p, s irregular verbs in Middle Korean?
Explanation for formation background of each contribution
1987/1997, Phyojun Chungse Kugŏmunbŏpnon(The Standard Grammar of Middle Korean)/ revised edition, Tower Press.
*The system of Middle Korean grammar is similiar to that of Standard Korean grammar