Ko Yong-kun's Korean Linguistics Room
1999, Textiron(Texttheory), Arche
See: German foreword and contents[PDF '1999' of German Foreword].
1998, Han'guk Ŏmunundong-kwa Kŭndaehwa(Studies on Korean language movement and Korean modernization), Tower Press.
Part 1, Historical analysis of Korean language standardization
2. From the middle of 1910's to the first half of 1920's
3. Standardization movement of the second half of 1920's
4. Standardization movement of the first half of 1930's
5. Standardization movement in other countries
Part 2, Discovering the works and activities of national philologists
1. A study on Korean language standardization of Lee Yun-Jae(1988~1942)
2. A study on Lee Yun-Jae's thought system
3. The grammatical research and language thought of Chang Chiyŏng(1887~1976)
4. The grammatical research and language thought of Kim
5. A study on J. S. Gale's contributions to Korean language and its writing system
Part 3, A study on Fr. von Siebold's Korean documents[PDF '1989' of German abstract]
1998, Pukhan-ŭi ŏnŏmunhwa(Language culture in North Korea), Seoul National University Press.
Collected papers on North Korea's language policy and language culture. See 1994.
1995/2004, Tanŏ, Munjang, Text(Word, Sentence and Text)(Collected papers on morphology, syntax, and texttheory) supplementary edition, Han'guk Munhwasa
The problems about word structure and its paradigm
1. On morphological typology of Korean[PDF of English full paper].
2. Discussions about methods of function analysis of grammatical forms
3. Discussions about discontinuous morphemes
4. Some problems on analysis of derived words in Korea [PDF of English abstract].
5. Dependent nouns in Middle Korean[PDF of English abstract].
6. Some interpretations on grammatical forms in 'Koryŏgayo', folk song of Koryŏ Dynasty
The problems about sentence structure and its meaning interpretation
1. A tentative study of Korean sentence patterns
2. Ergativity and Korean syntactic structures[PDF '1986' of German abstract].
3. A study of relationship between predicative endings and relative participle endings[PDF '1982' of English abstract]
4. On localistic interpretation of progressive aspect in Korean.[PDF of German abstract].
5. On tense and aspect in Korean
6. On relationship between mood and modality
The problems about text structure and its formation
1. Relationship between sentence and text
-On focus with Middle Korean- [PDF of German abstract].
2. A deciphering of 'Choyong'ga, a folk song of Dynasty Shilla
3. A comparative study between Sŏkposangjŏl(1447) and Worinsŏkpo(1959)
4. A philological and linguistic study between Sŏkposangjŏl (1447), Worinch'ŏn'gangjigok(1947), and Wŏrinsŏkpo(1959)
5. A study on ages of translation of Samganghaengsildo
6. A study on Dr. Yang Chudong's grammatical researches about Middle and Ancient Korean
7. A study on Dr. Hu Ung's grammatical researches of Middle Korean
1995, Choi Hyonbae-ũi Hakmun-kwa Sasang(A study on Dr. Choi Hyonbae's learnings and his thought), Jipmundang,
1. Growth and education
2. 1st period: Early thought and learning.
early thought/world of recognition about the Korean language and writing during university education/ introductory approach to national language/theory of phonetics and graphemics/speciality of phonetic system and formation problems/ research for part-of-speech theory and morphological theory /development of orthographic theory an`d its application/school grammar(1)
3. 2nd period: establishment of phonetic, part-of-speech, and syntactic theory. popularization of orthography, participation to inspection of standard language, and practical researches/grammatical terminology/ school grammar(2)/ completion of Urimalbon and its characteristics of/ stem/development of dialect theory and collection of dialect materials
4. 3rd period: establishment of Chŏngŭmhak', Han'gul, Korean character studies.
Developmemt of 'Karossŭgi' theory and its application / school grammar(3)/ writing system development history, writing system research history, graphemics, grapheme history, and phonological history
5. 4th period: Establishment of writing system's revolution and supplement of grammatical theory.
Establishment of writing system's revolution/development of hermeneutic philosophy of language and extension of thought system/supplement of
grammatical theory/school grammar(4)
6. 5th period: Rearrangement of thought, grammatical theory , and development of Hangul's exclusive use theory.
normative grammar(5)/thought of last period /supplement of Chŏngŭmhak/ establishment of Hangul's exclusive use theory/researches of other field/normative grammar(6)